Celebrating the 37th year of serving our customers in the Agriculture, Construction, Material Handling, Equipment Rental, Aggregate, and Industrial industries with our web-based dealership management software, we have the rock-solid foundation of an industry leader with the passion and the spirit of a start-up. We believe in an entrepreneurial workplace, where ideas are encouraged and initiative is rewarded.
HBS Systems offers a generous compensation package including the following:
- Open PTO policy
- Remote working flexibility
- Free gym, breakfast daily, weekly lunches for on-site employees
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and events
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with dependent paid coverage
- 100% company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-Term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
HBS Systems is seeking an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our team. The UI/UX Designer will collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
Location: This is a fully remote position.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate. Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Improve the look and feel of interactive computers and product software
- Create overall concepts for the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
- Analyze customer responses and website data to determine high traffic web pages and why some perform better than others
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs and convey project plans to clients and management
- Evaluating existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Measuring the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design
- Assist with user testing of applications, software, and websites
- Creating and implementing interaction models, user flows, and user interface specifications
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes and specifications of best practices to share with the design team as new projects begin
- Experience in designing, marking up, designing the UI of websites and/or web applications
- Minimum of 4 years of web development and UI development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Front-end skills and some basic understanding of how back-end development works.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some: jQuery, LESS, JSON, AJAX, Bootstrap. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and an Agile, team-oriented environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidate must not require HBS to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case to employ candidate (H-1B or other employment-based immigration cases)