Celebrating the 37th year of serving our equipment dealership customers in the Agriculture, Construction, Material Handling, Equipment Rental, Aggregate, and Industrial industries with our web-based dealership management software, we have the rock-solid foundation of an industry leader with the passion and the spirit of a start-up. We believe in an entrepreneurial workplace, where ideas are encouraged and initiative is rewarded.
HBS Systems offers a generous compensation package including the following:
- Open PTO policy
- Remote working flexibility
- Free gym, breakfast daily, weekly lunches for on-site employees
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and events
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with dependent paid coverage
- 100% company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
HBS Systems is seeking a Junior Programmer to join our team. The Junior Programmer assists in writing, coding, and testing software programs and applications. This also includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Salary: $48,000 a year
Location: This position is a remote position.
Travel: There is no travel required.
- Provide support to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of HBS software
- Convert customer data from HBS and various competitive computer systems into a format compatible with HBS Proprietary Software
- Effectively self-test programming, diagnose problems, and debugging code
- Coordinate timely price file data conversions
- Convert manufacturer price file data received from various vendors into a format compatible with HBS software
- Manage multiple conversion projects simultaneously, and prioritize effectively to ensure on-time and accurate conversions
- Logging and tracking processes from scheduling to completion
- Coordinating with other HBS departments to ensure an orderly and timely completion
- Creating procedure documentation for processes
- Develop a schedule for project completion and meet deadlines as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at least one year of programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Analytical skills backed by high proficiency in dealing with data including Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL and other formats
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team members, and management in both written and verbal form
- Strong organizational skills and project management ability
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidate must not require HBS to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case to employ candidate (H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)